Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

2007-12-17 10:33:35
Command line works with any service pack. An alternative that works, I
recall starting with SP1, was going to network connections -> local area
connection (or any network interface), properties, install->protocol and
then one of the choices is IPv6.

This may be helpful:

http://www.arin.net/meetings/minutes/ARIN_XX/PDF/sunday/IPv6-startup_eng_v5_
1.pdf

By the way, when you install IPv6, if IE has any open window, you need to
restart IE in order to be able to browse with IPv6.

Regards,
Jordi

De: Dave Crocker <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net>
Organización: Brandenburg InternetWorking
Responder a: <dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net>
Fecha: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:02:01 -0800
Para: <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>
CC: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
I'm not sure to understand what is the problem. This has been used by tons
of people !

The problem is that I am but a lowly user, trying to follow the instructions
provided by Microsoft, and they don't work.  I am therefore asking for
alternative instructions that do.

If using the command window is the only reasonable path that works for XP,
then thanks for the point.  I'm suspecting there is one that is a bit more
user friendly...

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
http://www.ipv6day.org

confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that
information, including attached files, is prohibited.