Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

2007-12-17 08:59:04
Seems to me we need ensure some formality in the experiment if we expect to get anything out of it. Asking everyone to send in notes from their experience won't be enough - especially, as some have predicted, if many participants get exactly 0% Internet connectivity while IPv4 is off.

Some suggestions:

* Explicit documentation of any special preparations
  implemented by the IETF NOC

* Several jabber rooms during the experiment (and archive
  the logs); some suggestions:
  - explicit operational issues: successes, questions, help
  - read-only headlines from IETF NOC
  - general discussion
  - pointers to "places that work"

  Note that there is a chicken-and-egg issue accessing the jabber
  rooms over IPv6...

* IETF NOC post mortem

* IESG/IAB-sponsored post mortem