Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

2007-12-18 10:30:12

Dave Crocker wrote:
pps. As an exercise, this could be interesting, for recruiting IETF
community participation. A multi-organization, cross-net effort to make
IPv6 useful will permit cataloguing what works, what doesn't, and what
is entirely missing. The problems with the current plan are a) choice of
venue, and b) lack of clear goals and planning.  Something to consider
might be an effort to have a productive social gathering.  In other
words, make the Tuesday night slot be for conducting this exercise.  It
would not take much to set a relatively festive tone, while still
pursuing serious interoperability testing.

While I think the original idea of doing this during a plenary
is fine, doing it in the meeting areas on Tuesday evening does
sound like a better option. Awarding success with real beer at
the social iff you can print the coupon would motivate me at
least:-)

S.