Re: IPv4 Outage Planned for IETF 71 Plenary

2007-12-18 13:16:12
Yes!
    john

--On Tuesday, 18 December, 2007 14:43 -0500 Theodore Tso
<tytso(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:

Let me suggest another approach.  Don't do this at the next
IETF meeting, but make an announcement that at some near-term
IETF meeting, the only internet services provided at the IETF
meeting will be IPv6. Note just for an hour.  Not just for the
plenery.  Not just for the social; but FOR THE WHOLE WEEK.  In
other words, let people who are using the IETF wireless
network experience what it might be like in some future world
where the ISP's are only providing IPv6 connectivity and IPv6
addresses to new customers.

Yes, right now IPv6 deployment isn't good enough that we can't
do this without using all sorts of workarounds.  OK, let's
document those workarounds and make them available to the
attendees.  If it means that the IETF network provider has to
hijack the root, then let them hijack the root on the IETF
network, and document that fact.  If there needs to be NAT-PT
bridges to allow IETF'res to get back to their home networks