IPv6 NAT?

2008-02-14 14:17:36
On 14 feb 2008, at 21:49, Florian Weimer wrote:

The prevailing assumption is that IPv6 end nodes will be globally
addressable for practical purporses.  I think this is a very unlikely
outcome.

Are you saying that there will be IPv6 NAT?

And that we should design protocols running on top of IPv6 to take NAT
into account?

If yes on both, how can we do that without a NAT specification so that
the IETF can design protocols to work with NAT and vendors can build
NATs that work with IETF protocols?

I.e., either we assume no NAT in IPv6, or create a NAT standard. Those
are the only sane options.