Re: IONs & discuss criteria

2008-03-06 14:25:39

--On Thursday, 06 March, 2008 12:01 -0800 Ted Hardie
<hardie(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com> wrote:

I call on Russ to restore this document to its original status
as an Internet Draft and to process it as a BCP.  IESG
DISCUSSes are a very serious part of our process at this
point.  Having a community agreed standard to which IESG
members  could be held was always a better path than than a
document approved only by the IESG.  Now that the ION
experiment is over and the status of its document is in limbo,
things are even worse.

The current document is here:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ions/ion-discuss-criteria.html

for those readers playing the home game.

Hmm.   If people believe that this document should be processed
as a BCP, thereby presumably constraining long-term IESG
behavior and adding to our procedural core, should it be added
to the PUFI agenda for preliminary discussion?

      john