Re: Confirming vs. second-guessing

2008-03-16 19:37:11
My apologies, I was going to leave this alone, but this ... chastisement .. is
off-target.

At 09:50 PM 3/16/2008, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
Mike, whatever your personal opinion, based on the public information
many people have concluded in good faith that something went wrong.

I agree with this. Something went wrong.

Asserting that the problems are FUD does not help anyone resolve this.

I'm sorry you didn't actually read what I wrote. I did not refer to the
problems as FUD.  I called one specific statement by LD FUD and hogwash. The
statement was an attempt to use an emotional response to an unlikely or
improbable action by the IAB sometime in the future to gain an outcome (e.g.
don't let this dangerous precedent stand) that matched his personal belief.

What would you call it if not FUD?  Never mind.  Substitute "an emotional
appeal" for FUD and "This is an absurd extrapolation of what the IAB may do in
the far future" for hogwash and see if you like the text better.

Mike