RE: IETF Last Call on Walled Garden Standard for the Internet

2008-03-18 15:23:03
Brian wrote:

I think Jari's suggestion is the right one. Make it clear in
the draft that this is not suitable as a universal mechanism for apps.

Jari's suggestion is too broad.  Since it is hard to classify applications.
And as we can see there are some class of applications that this is okay for.

I suggest we discuss the issues with deriving keys from EMSK so that people can
make informed decisions.  Lets keep the FUD factor low.

Avi