RE: Write an RFC Was: experiments in the ietf week

2008-03-24 18:19:20
I am willing to have a go at it next time round but only if I have some idea
what I am expected to have on my machine and what authentication indicata I am
to expect.

As it stands there is no way for me to evaluate an authentic or inauthentic
experience. I don't know what authentic looks like. I have no trust anchor.

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ Housley [mailto:housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com]
Sent: Mon 24/03/2008 3:22 PM
To: Hallam-Baker, Phillip
Cc: IETF Discussion
Subject: Re: Write an RFC Was: experiments in the ietf week

Phillip:

Have you tried the SSID at the IETF meetings that is configured to make use of
802.1x?

Russ

At 01:49 PM 3/24/2008, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

        Secure WiFi Connection

        I would like to see some demonstration of the fact that the default
WiFi configuration on all existing platforms provides zero protection against
an 'evil twin' WiFi attack. Using WPA protection has little value unless you
have mutual authentication. The current specs don't allow for that.