Re: Write an RFC Was: experiments in the ietf week

2008-03-24 19:31:29

On 25 mar 2008, at 02.18, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

I am willing to have a go at it next time round but only if I have
some idea what I am expected to have on my machine and what
authentication indicata I am to expect.

As it stands there is no way for me to evaluate an authentic or
inauthentic experience. I don't know what authentic looks like. I
have no trust anchor.

This email message sent to me was enough of a trust anchor to use
802.1x. Specifically as "the instructions" are the same as IETF-70 and
previous meetings.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/71attendees/current/msg00154.html

Sure, the mail was not signed, but I also asked a friend at the
meeting "what he used". And as we both had the same instructions, we
trusted that. If we wanted to, we could have asked someone actually
running the network, but we did not feel we had to.

    Patrik