Re: Update of RFC 2606 based on the recent ICANN changes ?

2008-07-07 15:08:11

I guess you've heard the old joke which asks "How could God create the world in only seven days? - Because He had no installed base."

If we move this thread up one level of abstraction much of the conversation is asking the question of how strongly we respect the installed base of software out there on the net.

Do we have any principles we can use to guide our choice of where we put the needle along the continuum from "no change, no way" to "any and every change is allowed"?

                --karl--