Conference calls (Was: Re: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73)

2008-07-18 10:21:12
Spencer,

IMO, since we see author/editor/review/design team teleconferences in a fair number of working groups, and these teleconferences aren't covered by the rules, I'd be in favor of revisiting the rules...

Lets be clear about the different types of calls people might have. A design team meeting is still just a private meeting. We can have any number of those without anyone's approval. A meeting to progress a draft among authors, for instance. A meeting between interested parties to talk about a potential new draft. Authors talking with reviewers about an issue. Even if the chairs or ADs would supervise such meetings it would still be OK. And this happens a lot in many groups and for many drafts.

The rules relate to bigger meetings for the entire WG.

In any case, for what it is worth I am I also in favor of relaxing the rules for the WG teleconferences. One week's advance notice seems more suitable for teleconference than a month.

Jari