Re: Progressing I-Ds Immediately Before Meetings

2008-07-19 17:57:26
Ned,

Frankly, I think it is more about trusting groups to be able to manage
themselves than anything else.

I don't think that's quite fair. If you think about a participant
who is tracking several WGs and/or topics that cut across many WGs,
that person needs to be able to read everything relevant before
arriving. A cutoff about two weeks in advance does make that feasible.
(Let's see - I still have about 12 drafts to read - is that unusual
with one week to go?) I would much rather have that situation, so
that I can prioritize the drafts, than have them arriving until
after I'm already in the air, which would be the inevitable result
of relaxing the cutoff rules.

That said, exceptions should definitely be possible, and I would
delegate that to WG Chair level.

    Brian