Re: Progressing I-Ds Immediately Before Meetings

2008-07-19 15:59:58
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 15:42:08 -0700
Dave Crocker <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

Russ Housley wrote:
When all of the Internet-Drafts were processed by Secretariat
staff, there was a huge workload concern.
,,,
I also agree that an AD should be able to get an I-D posted after
the cut-off date if it is "the right thing."

Russ,

I'm missing some bit of logic that I hope you can clarify:

    1. The cut-off was put into place due to workload on the
Secretariat.  The automated I-D has eliminated that bottleneck
problem.

No, that's not the primary reason -- the reason was to give wg members a
chance to actually read the documents before the meeting.  Only a small
part of the interval was for the benefit of the secretariat.