Re: Progressing I-Ds Immediately Before Meetings

2008-07-19 15:43:05

Russ Housley wrote:
When all of the Internet-Drafts were processed by Secretariat staff, there was a huge workload concern.
,,,
I also agree that an AD should be able to get an I-D posted after the cut-off date if it is "the right thing."

Russ,

I'm missing some bit of logic that I hope you can clarify:

1. The cut-off was put into place due to workload on the Secretariat. The automated I-D has eliminated that bottleneck problem.

2. Working groups manage their own load. The Secretariat is not a factor nor is the cognizant AD for any other on-going working group work.

So I'm not understanding why there is still a need for a cut-off and for the ability to have an AD do "the right thing".

It would seem that the right thing is to remove the cutoff and let each working group decide on what drafts will be worked on.

What am I missing, that explains retaining the cut-off?

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking