Re: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73

2008-07-24 05:53:23

On Jul 24, 2008, at 8:10 AM, Marc Manthey wrote:

hello  experts

just a question ,  why not use

<http://www.accessgrid.org/>  you could save a lot of CO2 ;)

Accessgrid in my experience requires some work to set up and use (and troubleshoot). There is no question that it could be useful - so could be VRVS / EVO and their commercial analogues such as Marratech, UMeeting and Team Speak, or even Telepresence of the Cisco or Polycom RPX varieties. All could be useful; there are significant differences in cost, features and capabilities between solutions and it is not clear to me
which would be best for the IETF.

I would recommend that we actually study and evaluate
the choices available, rather than picking one because someone is familiar with it or some
other group uses it.

Regards
Marshall

just my 2 cents

regards

Marc

--

Les enfants teribbles - research and deployment
Marc Manthey - head of research and innovation