Re: Teleconf [Re: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73]

2008-07-24 15:55:44

Am 24.07.2008 um 23:13 schrieb Brian E Carpenter:
it's the extreme difficulty of running an effective remote meeting with more than a very small number (4 or 5) of participating sites. So for a design team meeting it's fine, but for a WG meeting I think you'd be quite disappointed.

thanks for your clarification brian,
i will see if i can get some more information from the developers regarding this issue.

Recently i found 2 other  interesting projects :

xcast

About number of participants, logical limit is 126. It's because of
number of IPv6 address emmbed in one routing option header of IPv6
with other info. But when we cannot emmbed 126 when using ordinal
Ethernet, 1500 MTU. With 1024 octet payload with RTP/UDP header, we
can specify 14 participants in one IPv6 datagram with 1500 octet Ether
datagram. You can increase participants by reducing payload size.

We did video meetings with participants upto 16 approximately.

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ooms-xcast-basic-spec-12.txt

http://www.xcast.jp/index.php/Main_Page

and telepathy , whitch is in a early  alpha phase

http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Streamed%20Media

  Brian

regards

Marc