Re: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73

2008-07-24 09:06:18
Am 24.07.2008 um 16:04 schrieb Marshall Eubanks:
Hello Marc;
On Jul 24, 2008, at 9:18 AM, Marc Manthey wrote:
Am 24.07.2008 um 14:52 schrieb Marshall Eubanks:
On Jul 24, 2008, at 8:10 AM, Marc Manthey wrote:
hello  experts
just a question ,  why not use
<http://www.accessgrid.org/>  you could save a lot of CO2 ;)
Accessgrid in my experience requires some work to set up and use (and troubleshoot).

hello Marshall,

thanks for your response , from my perspective , accessgrid run without trouble on osx , just installed it from binary and it uses opensource ( jabber ) and free resources like vic and rat and is available for Windows aswell. There is continue developing , even h264 is available now

<http://mediatools.cs.ucl.ac.uk/nets/mmedia/>

I am not sure why being acquired by Google makes it unusable for us, or if being open-source is a requirement or
even a SHOULD.

gday again

sorry i thought IEFT SHOULD use non - patented and propietairy technologie.like jaber for i.e.

But that's why there is a consensus process here.

i am looking forward to see / hear results ;)

regards

Marc

Regards
Marshall

AFAIK , VRVS / EVO  is not available for PC

UMeeting and Team Speak, or even Telepresence of the Cisco or Polycom RPX varieties.

Dont know "Umeeting " but Teamspeak is not open source aswell and does not support video and this would be helpful for presenting slides
in a "venue"

I would recommend that we actually study and evaluate the choices available,

+1

i think it would be a great improvement for developers / attendies from third world countrys or people that cant afford traveling to the meeting.