RE: draft-rfc-image-files-00.txt

2008-08-27 08:26:49
and there may be others that I don't know about.

A long time ago I used TeX. There was (and I believe still is) a LaTeX style
file.

TeX was the distinct advantage that the source is pure ASCII
(and there are spelling checkers, bibliographic tools, etc.)
but the results are presentation-quality, including graphics.

It also is much richer in features than xml2rfc,
and has been debugged much better
(Knuth offers monetary rewards for finding bugs,
and doubles the reward each time).

(I had considered developing a new LaTeX style file and writing some tools
to go with it. But then I realized that once I "volunteered" to do that,
I would have to continue maintaining it for all time.)

Y(J)S