RE: Simpler than draft-rfc-image-files-00.txt

2008-08-27 07:07:21

Pardon my reverse-parochialism, but I think the need to be able to
spell editors' and contributors' names correctly, and give examples of
messages containing payloads which are not expressible in 7-bit
characters, dwarfs in importance the need to decorate RFCs with
pictures.  -Tim

But then again the spell-check and name-checking
would assumably be in the ASCII portion of the text
(leaving aside L8N author names for the moment)
and all that wuld be needed is for the RFC editor to
run the checks on the text portion of the document
before making the final copy.

Making again the point made hundreds of times before,
the figures are not there for decoration.
I personally had to abandon writing drafts on 2 occasions
because I could not capture equations or formal diagrams.
One became a patent application instead of becoming IPR-free
(interestingly, patent offices the world over allow modern formats,
and archive granted patents going back to their beginnings)
and the second became an ITU-T Recommendation
(where PDFs are the normative format).

Y(J)S