Re: Call for review of proposed IESG Statement on Examples

2008-09-24 09:17:57

--On Wednesday, 24 September, 2008 09:57 +0200 Magnus Westerlund
<magnus(_dot_)westerlund(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com> wrote:

John C Klensin skrev:

But apparently the
IESG does not agree -- I hope not because, for some
incomprehensible-to-me reason, they prefer the obscurity.

The IESG is currently spending a substantial amount of time
discussing this issue. I hope the community will see some of
the fruits of this discussion in the near future.

I look forward to it and won't expect more comments until the
IESG is ready.

But I hope that the issue the IESG is discussing is focused on
the granularity and appropriateness of these types of rules
because, from my point of view, "how much time does it take to
get it right and how else could that time be spent" are the key
questions, not the issue about what names/identifiers should be
used in examples.. especially in normal, new document, cases.

   john