Re: Call for review of proposed IESG Statement on Examples

2008-09-23 08:38:54
Randy Dunlap skrev:
Hi,

My comment isn't similar to the rest of the mail threads here:

I find the use of the word "codepoint" confusing here.  It apparently means
something different to some readers (or writers) here.  To me (and I'm almost
never unique in things like this), it means a point in a character set
space.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codepoint or possibly
http://code.google.com/search/#q=codepoint .

Maybe here it means an extension of that, like "a (virtual) point in some
world network address space."  Is that close?

Perhaps it should define what a codepoint is or use some other word/phrase
for it.

Thanks Randy,

We used codepoint as the best word that was sufficiently encompassing about the different type of names and values for different type of name and value spaces. I think a clarification/definition will be the best way to resolve your comment.

cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair