Re: Last Call: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl (DNS Blacklists and Whitelists)

2008-11-08 19:46:52
On Nov 8, 2008, at 4:07 PM, John Levine wrote:
And what does this have to do with the technical details of running
and using one?  We all know that spam stinks and DNSBLs stink, too.

Unfortunately, the alternatives to DNSBLs are worse.

This whole discussion is confusing.

I thought the role of the IETF was to define standards that facilitate interoperability implementations of protocols, not make value judgements about operational decisions made by folks who use those protocols.

Is the goal here to force the folks who are interested in standardizing DNSBLs to do so in another venue?

Thanks,
-drc