RE: Last Call: draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl (DNS Blacklists and Whitelists)

2008-11-09 17:22:55
And what does this have to do with the technical details of
running and using one?  We all know that spam stinks and
DNSBLs stink, too.
Unfortunately, the alternatives to DNSBLs are worse.

That's a rather narrow view. Very large numbers of people
think that Instant Messaging is a far superior alternative
to DNSBLs, not to mention VoIP, web forums and other variations
on the theme. Fortunately, the IETF has done some good work
in the area of SIP and XMPP has steadily been gaining traction.

I think it is a positive thing to document the technology
of DNSBLs but I have no idea why this has come to the IETF.
Maybe it is a veiled test of the IETF's relevance to the
21st century Internet.

--Michael Dillon