Re: uncooperative DNSBLs, IETF misinformation (was: several messages)

2008-11-14 19:25:53
Theodore Tso wrote:

I would also encourage the "how to run a DNSBL responsibly" to be
published at the same time, so that draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl could
reference the "this is how you do it right" (while acknowledging the
only out of band mechanisms can be used to ensure that a DNSBL
operator is truly following the criteria they claim to be using).

In retrospect, putting them up simultaneously might have been a good
idea.  Neither John nor I thought of that.

The latest rev of the BCP is ready for upload, but the IETF web site
won't let me until Monday.  Come Monday, I'll be uploading and posting
pointers in relevant places.

The previous iteration of the BCP was by concensus ready for last call
at the ASRG session in IETF Dublin.  The changes since then are typo
corrections and a minor addition as suggested by the ASRG meeting.