Re: [BEHAVE] Lack of need for 66nat : Long term impact to application developers

2008-11-25 19:50:40
Tony Hain wrote:

There is no valid reason for 66nat. The only justifications being given are
'people will do it anyway', and 'we have to move quickly because vendors are
trying to build it'.

Okay, let's try to be a tad more precise.  There is a subtle but
important difference between:

A) "There is no valid reason for 66nat" and
B) "There are obvious ways to solve the problems that people want to
solve with 66nat that are both easier to understand and technically
superior"

The two statements should have equivalent truth values, but the second
one is more illuminating.

It follows that if we want people to avoid using 66nat, we need to (a)
identify or provide technically superior solutions that are easy to
understand and (b) make them obvious to people.

Keith