Re: [Fwd: Last Call: draft-hoffman-dac-vbr (Vouch By Reference) to Proposed Standard]

2009-02-06 10:51:32
The other thing I don't understand is why you minimize the expected VBR effect. (If that's meant as an apotropaic stance, I have no objection. Otherwise,) I wonder why we shouldn't push VBR as hard as we can, if it can stop spam.

Could you point out where anyone, anywhere has claimed that VBR would "stop spam"? It's a technology to whitelist mail from people you trust.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.