Re: [Trustees] Last Call for Comments: Proposed work-around to thePre-5378 Problem

2009-02-09 18:37:19
NEW PROPOSED

   c. Derivative Works and Publication Limitations.  If a Contributor
      desires to limit the right to make modifications and derivative

s/desires/needs/

I don't think that "desires" is appropriate here - as John pointed
out, the contributor has no discretion here, except for their
judgement as to whether rights are available.

Actually, in this case, it is the submitters choice, since we are
talking about case (i) or (ii) (and not (iii) which has been the
challenging case).  And "desires" is the wording that has been used
here for a while.

But that said, a more neutral term is fine by me, since the
motivations for needing to select this may vary.

How about "chooses"?

Thomas