Re: [Trustees] Last Call for Comments: Proposed work-around to the Pre-5378 Problem

2009-02-20 10:58:28

On Feb 13, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Wes Beebee (wbeebee) wrote:

When will http://xml.resource.org/ and xml2rfc be updated to include this?

It is in work. A precise date is uncertain today, but is anticipated early next week.

Are there any changes we need to make to our input xml files?

Those instructions will be provided with the update.

Ray
Trustee
IAD

- Wes

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Ed Juskevicius
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:53 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; ietf-announce(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; wgchairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; iab(_at_)iab(_dot_)org ; iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; rfc-editor(_at_)rfc-editor(_dot_)org
Cc: Trustees; Contreras,Jorge
Subject: Re: Last Call for Comments: Proposed work-around to the Pre-5378 Problem

I am pleased to announce that the IETF Trustees have just finished work on a revision to our "Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents" policy. The revision includes optional new legend text in Section 6.c.iii of the policy to serve as a work-around for people experiencing the "pre-5378 problem."

Please note the newly approved policy is dated 2009-02-12. Please also note that the Effective Date of this revised policy has been set to 2009-02-15. The old policy (effective from November 10, 2008) remains in force until 00h00 UTC on February 15th.

The approved text is available now on IETF Trust website at
 http://trustee.ietf.org/policyandprocedures.html

Please look for the document dated 2009-02-12, just below the heading labeled "DRAFT Policy and Procedures Being Developed."

On or shortly after February 15th, the Trust website will be updated so as to archive all of the recent draft versions of the new policy, and to make it easier to navigagte to the newly approved policy.

Please review the new policy so you are aware of the latest copyright statements and other boilerplate legend text that will be required on all contributions to the IETF starting on February 15, 2009.

Regards, and Thanks in advance,

Ed Juskevicius, on behalf of the IETF Trustees
edj(_dot_)etc(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com