Re: how to contact the IETF

2009-02-10 12:09:18
    > From: Keith Moore <moore(_at_)network-heretics(_dot_)com>

    >> a formal policy that a mass email campaign should count _against_ the
    >> position taken by that campaign, precisely to dis-incentivize such
    >> campaigns.

    > that kind of policy might actually encourage "gaming" of the IETF.

Good point. It might be hard to do undetectably, but that's further
hair to the rules (in addition to Ed and Melinda's points).

    > My suggestion is to have a page on the IETF page called "how to
    > influence IETF deliberations"

I think that's an excellent idea, no matter what else (if anything) is done -
and something I also doubt anyone could/would object to.

I assume it could mention that many IETF members look with dis-favour on
mass email campaigns? :-)

Now all we need is a volunteer... :-)

        Noel