Re: how to contact the IETF

2009-02-09 19:55:22

On Feb 9, 2009, at 7:35 PM, Scott Brim wrote:

Excerpts from Tim Bray on Mon, Feb 09, 2009 04:30:04PM -0800:
The vast majority of these FSF-solicited comments have been respectful and
polite in tone.

Someone who comes by, drops an opinion and then leaves, is not giving
any of us respect.  I am always pleased to have a constructive
discussion with anyone.  I don't support drive-by opinionating.

Considering the IETF encourages people to communicate with it via mailing lists and there really has been no other ways offered to the FSF, I can't really blame them.

Perhaps we ought to look forward and see how the IETF can better communicate with the FSF. Perhaps maybe thinking about a more formal relationship.

-andy