Re: how to contact the IETF

2009-02-09 21:13:16

On Mon, 10 Feb 2009, John Levine wrote:

Any chance we could require that one subscribes to the list before
posting to it?  I realize that sufficiently motivated drive-bys could
subscribe, send, and leave, but it might reinforce the idea that IETF
lists are for debate, not for screeds.

Subscribe, or perhaps have to go through a challenge response like one does with craigslist if not a registered user. Send your email ... it goes in a pending queue ... you get a response back that requires some
action on your part like going to a web page and completing a captcha ....

But frankly, I think subscribe is best ... then they too receive some portion of the email campaign. Perhaps there is a minimum subscription
interval of 24 hours?

Dave Morris