Re: how to contact the IETF

2009-02-09 20:24:26
Dear Steve:

Indeed, I can see your perspective on this now, with the aid of
information that I was unaware of previously.  I did not recall this
situation happening before (either I wasn't paying attention at that
time, or I was not yet a member of the list at that time, I joined -
if I recall correctly - sometime in 2007 or 2006, but I cannot recall
exactly), but from what it sounds like that last instance of such an
event was meritless enough to justify the suspicion and pessimism seen
here.  I hereby withdraw my appeal to optimism unless suitable
situations arise to prove otherwise.

However, I volunteer to attempt to make contact with the FSF and see
if they know about the potentially more constructive avenues available
to them.  (so far, I've been suggested that they join the IUCG,
subscribe and discuss in a two-way manner on the list, and contact the
working group directly... are there any further suggestions that can
be made?)  I can attempt to establish contact tomorrow, after I return
from my other job, unless someone wants to establish contact more
quickly.  As it stands I'm already late.

On that subject, I need to draft a proposal for an extension of hours
in the day from 24 to 36 or more. ;)  I'll be back later to resume
discussion and contact the FSF if someone else hasn't already.

Sincerely,

Alex Loret de Mola