Re: how to contact the IETF

2009-02-09 20:07:52
    > From: Andrew Newton <andy(_at_)hxr(_dot_)us>

    > Considering the IETF encourages people to communicate with it via
    > mailing lists

Actually, I thought the point of the mailing lists was for the members of the
IETF community to be able communicate with each other (notice how those two
words have a similar root).

(And since the IETF is an entirely open organization, and anyone can become a
member of the community anytime they want, with no charge or any other
membership barrier - other than access to email, which is not exactly a high
step - it should be obvious that my prior statement is in no way a statement
that the IETF community wants to keep outsiders 'out'.)

        Noel