Re: how to contact the IETF

2009-02-09 19:30:33
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Noel Chiappa
<jnc(_at_)mercury(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu>wrote:

   > From: Alex Loret de Mola <edgarverona(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>

   > However, these are people who are upset, and want to make thier
   > opinions known... it is good to know (and see) that so many people are
   > interested and have a strong opinion about this subject.

Give me an effing break. These people have simply been programmed by the
FSF
to show up and complain. This is not individuals who have something of
substance to contribute, it's just a chorus of sheep.

Speaking only for myself, Noel, I find your comment extremely offensive.
 The vast majority of these FSF-solicited comments have been respectful and
polite in tone.  The FSF claims that there is a significant probability that
progressing the current draft could lead to a tollbooth on TLS, which
everyone agrees would be a bad thing.  It seems to me a useful point of
information that there is intense and apparently fairly widely-held concern
on this point.  If the concern (as I certainly hope) is unfounded, the
concern will have been unnecessary.

I also would have preferred if they'd organized a wiki page somewhere and
had a thousand people sign it and send one pointer to
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)  But
really, they are keeping it polite.

  -Tim