Re: IETF and open source license compatibility

2009-02-13 02:36:52
On 12.02.2009, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
3) Write only campaigns decrease sympathy for the position being promoted.

As someone who mainly acts in read-only mode on this list: regardless of
what one thinks about free software, I think what troubles me most in the
recent campaign is that it has already been partially successful. This
essentially political campaign has already disturbed the list. It has
already provoked a vivid discussion.

As has been pointed out, if campaigns like this are considered as qualified
input to IETF, also input from other political pressure groups or
professional lobby groups must be considered equally legitimate. This may
show bad taste, but does ISO's OOXML ring a bell?

- Jukka Ruohonen.