Re: Running Code

2009-03-03 18:42:28
Marc Petit-Huguenin wrote:
I would like to bring to your attention this proposal to put back
running code at the center of Internet protocol design by adding a
new Considerations Section in future Internet-Drafts and RFCs:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petithuguenin-running-code-considerations-00.txt

There used to be a term for those who attempted to manipulate the shape of the universe by manipulating the names in the Usenet hierarchy.

I get the same impression from people who want to manipulate IETF behaviour by manipulating the shape of Internet-Drafts.

(and - going into nits mode - the idea that only implementations that can be dowloaded from a public URL "count" as implementations flies into the face of long-term IETF policy.)

                      Harald