Re: Abstract on Page 1?

2009-03-07 15:50:26

On Mar 7, 2009, at 1:45 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

So, I'm not against another re-organization, but, in this time, PLEASE:

- plan it well (think of all consequences for both I-Ds and RFCs)

- make the requirements precise and actually implementable (remember: "must be on page 1" :-)

- give the tool developers sufficient time; optimally let *then* decide when the cutover date should be

BR, Julian

+1

Also, There are some changes the IESG needs to deal with, some the IAB, some the Trustees. We should incorporate all of this into one single document that shows clear examples of what things will look like so there is no confusion, then get all required approval bodies to approve it. Having half the changes in one doc, half in another doc results in unintended nightmares when we go to merge. I also propose we do our best to get it right once instead of a steady stream of changing requirements on document authors.