Re: Abstract on Page 1?

2009-03-07 14:03:05

On 2009-03-04 16:33 Margaret Wasserman said the following:
I would like to propose that we re-format Internet-Drafts such that
the boilerplate (status and copyright) is moved to the back of the
draft, and the abstract moves up to page 1.

I don't believe that there are any legal implications to moving our
IPR information to the back of the document, and it would be great not
to have to page down at the beginning of every I-D to skip over it.
If someone wants to check the licensing details, they could look at
the end of the document.

+1

Whether or not this is an easy fix for the tools, I think it's the right
thing to do, not only for drafts but also for RFCs, as it lets us focus
on the technical matter of a document, rather than copyright, other
IPR details, and administrivia.

        Henrik