Re: [mif] WG Review: Multiple InterFaces (mif)

2009-04-22 12:33:19
Dean Willis wrote:

My shaman once said "For God, everything is just a question of policy." But, we need to reduce this problem to a more mortal scope, and I'm not quite certain that the proposed charter text accomplishes this goal.
I agree with you that this is a complex problem. The purpose of the _WG_ (not the charter) is to try to reduce this problem to a more mortal scope. The actual work in the current charter is _not_ to develop a solution to this problem, it is to define the problem(s) clearly, and to document how current implementations (some of which do some interesting things that aren't reflected in any IETF standard) are dealing with this problem in the real world. If/when we fully understand the problem and the current status of implementations, we'll be in a better situation to start discussing how to solve it.

Margaret