Re: IETF 78 Annoucement

2009-05-24 16:40:12
On 24 mei 2009, at 22:27, Carsten Bormann wrote:

And, yes, you want to spend as much of the train time as possible in an ICE (accept no substitutes, although THA might almost qualify).

Unless I'm mistaken, the ICE requires a reservation. This is extremely inconvenient because it's hard to accurately predict what time you'll arrive at the station after a long flight.

(At the Paris IETF I had to spend the friday afternoon at the gare du nord because I had a reservation for a late train to allow for some last minute sight seeing but I was fried and it rained so that didn't happen and I couldn't take an earlier train.)

Note that Maastricht has a decent train connection to Brussels so if you're arriving from Belgium, France or England (as well as Holland, of course) you may consider taking the train rather than fly.

I don't know Maastricht very well and don't know where the venue and hotels will be, but "historic" = predates cars by a dozen or so centuries so I wouldn't recommend getting a car. If I still lived in Holland I'd go by bicycle...