Re: IETF 78 Annoucement

2009-05-25 12:12:09

I don't know why you think moving the meeting to June will make more
facilities available in Europe. July-August is the traditional
vacation season and hence "off season" for conferences. The extreme
example might be IETF in Paris which one could argue suffered slightly
from the fact that Paris was basically "closed for vacation" at that
time, but I am sure it made it easier to get the convention center
and hotel and probably cheaper too. And the "closed" condition didn't
seem to cause anyone to starve etc.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj