Re: IETF 78 Annoucement

2009-05-25 17:36:31
Iljitsch,

As I said, a given conference facility (which *could* be in a hotel,
but you have precious few that size in NL) has to have:

* Enough meeting roomS (that's S as in plural, rooms, we do paralell
  sessions at the IETF). And a large one for the plenary of course.

* Enough hotel rooms around/nearby at acceptable rates

* Infrastructure that lends itself to building the IETF network.

* Cost of meeting room rental and F&B within an acceptable range
  (There is a wide range here and in these economic times, this is a
  real issue).

* Be available/rentable for the dates in question.

Given those constraints, we ended up in Maastricht.

Of all the people who have to travel to this meeting, I would not have
imagined that you would be the one to complain. The Netherlands is not
a large country and it's not far from a lot of places in continental
Europe.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj