Re: IETF 78 Annoucement

2009-05-26 09:59:20
Please, let us keep a couple of things in mind here.

Firstly, I am quite sure that a large number of factors, both formal and informal, are evaluated by the IAOC in selecting a venue. While we may or may not want more information, asking them to give us "all" the information they consider is, in my opinion, a request that can not and should not be fulfilled.

Let us also remember that we are actually getting better visibility to the selection process, and a better ability to provide input.

Most importantly, given the real world constraints, venue selection is hard. As a community, we tend to articulate sets of mutually incompatible requirements. (usually, it is different people with different requirements, but sometimes....)

Yours,
Joel