Re: IETF 78 Annoucement

2009-05-27 14:35:14

On May 25, 2009, at 4:09 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

The Hague, largest room: 2161 (30 min by train from Schiphol + tram or taxi)
http://www.worldforumcc.com/wfcc/uk/factsfigures_uk/capaciteitenov_uk.html

The Hague is easy to get to. I attended an ISOC meeting there last fall, and the location met all my success criteria. It has excellent support infrastructure, good airport accessibility (an airport shuttle train that is basically door to door) and easy walkability. There is a vast variety of housing. Crime is trivial, the locals are friendly and used to weirdo foreigners, and the beer reasonably priced. While Maastricht may offer some of those optimizations, it's much easier to reach The Hague: any basically unskilled traveller can probably succeed by accident; stumble out of the airport and onto a random train, and you have a 50% chance of being on the right one even if you can't translate the large sign saying "Den Haag".

--
Dean