Re: XML2RFC must die, was: Re: Two different threads - IETF Document Format

2009-07-06 08:03:57
Shane Kerr wrote:
I had my first experience with xml2rfc recently, and I largely agree.
It's easy to totally screw up a document by misplaced XML, xml2rfc

Yes.

doesn't handle non-ASCII very well (important for some names), the error

That's an IETF doc format restriction, not an xml2rfc problem per se.

output is non-intuitive, the tool didn't work off-line (no fun on an
airplane), and so on.

It does work offline, unless your source requires non-local files (like external references).

BR, Julian