RE: One Day Guest Pass

2009-08-21 10:02:25
Hi,

We are running multiple experiments.
One is automated registration.
One is RFID.
Another is charging for subsets of attendance.

Maybe we should have an RFID reader/recorder at the door to each
session, and to send bills to people based on what they actually
attend (plus a base fee). Attendees could get their RFID badge, attend
whatever they want during the week, we record their attendance using
RFID, and then bill them afterwards for the sessions they actually
attended. This approach might also cut down on people using sessions
to just read email and power their computers; the terminal room might
become more popular.

I suggest the automated registration allow people to specify the
sessions they are interested in when they register, which would help
scheduling match rooms to expected attendees, and help avoid timing
conflicts.  The registration process should identify ADs and chairs
and editors, whose conflicts are more important than regular
attendees. When chairs decide what presentations will be given, maybe
they could update the registration to identify presenters, so that
could also be used for conflict resolution.  These could of course be
features in v2.0.

Can we RFID-tag the cookies so we can charge according to how many one
eats? ;-)

dbh