Re: WG Review: Recharter of Internationalized Domain Names in Applications, Revised (idnabis)

2009-08-22 18:35:59
You can probably blame my vacation as well as process defaults for some
confusion... I was already in Canada last week when we had the telechat
where the IESG approved sending out the 1-line diff proposed for the
charter, and I didn't take the time or stretch the process so that the
charter discussion announcement had the contex for the change (or just the
diff which was in some ways clearer).

Since the IETF community seriously discussed the issue of mappings when the
charter was first approved, I personally felt it was important to fix that
publicly before the WG completed its work on a path that might not have been
expected.

If there is energy to fix the charter in other ways right now I would help,
but I have not seen that energy given the understandable focus on the rest
of the work.

Lisa

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:15 PM, Thomas Narten