Re: meta-issues on charter discussions

2009-08-22 10:48:06
This was one of the more attractive parts of the suggestion to use IDs for charter revisions. If we don't use IDs for charter revisions, I'd like to see similar functionality provided for the approach that IS chosen...

(so, if you're reading this on tools-discuss, this is probably an opportunity to weigh in on the IETF list about whether you're willing to develop this functionality :-)

Spencer

This was posted to the ietf list.

While the charter history pages are nice, they can be made better using a format similar to how tools.ietf.org presents RFCs and I-Ds: a non-printing list of versions at the top with ways to show differences between versions.

Sounds like a job for the tools team. :-)

Tony Hansen
tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

Thomas Narten wrote:
Re: old charters and such.

While poking around earlier this week, I found:

      http://www.ietf.org/dyn/wg/charter/history/

(it is hanging of the WG pages, so not that hard to find.)

It appears to be a snapshot of charters whenever they change. But,
they "change" often due to events that are probably not the kind of
changes we are thinking about, and there is no indication about what
has changed, so there are a lot of copies and wading through them to
find stuff appears pretty daunting. And the history only goes back 3
years or so...

But they might be a basis for some tools to extract stuff. But, if
tools are going to do this, it seems like an archival format other
than HTML would be desirable.