Re: meta-issues on charter discussions

2009-08-19 22:35:51
Jari,

I think you are on the right track. I have appreciated the notes you
send out with recharter messages explaining your thinking and the
purpose of the recharter.

But I do have an alternate proposal, if its important for the IETF
community to understand the differences and rationales of charter
changes better. Why don't we simply change the announcement format to
include the three parts that I outlined above?

I'd strongly encourage the IESG to consider doing this for the formal
announcement. I think it would be a worthwhile improvement, and as you
say, the information should already be available. So it shouldn't
really be a lot of additional work.

Thomas